Thursday, September 23, 2010

Honors blog, book one

The first book I'm going to read for the honors assignment is The Donegal Woman by John Throne.

Synopsis: The Donegal Woman is based on a true story of the author's own grandmother. Born to the poorest of Protestant farmers in the hills of Donegal, Margaret was hired out as a child, raped by her master, and then, pregnant, forced to marry another man many times her age. But Margaret survived in a silent world of her own, driven by her passionate determination to do right by her children.


I'm really looking forward to reading about Ireland because that's where half of my heritage comes from on my fathers side (the other half being Native American Indian).
I've never really done research or read anything on Ireland other then watching the movie P.S I love you, which just made me want to go and visit the rolling hills and countrysides of Ireland even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment